Mt. Juliet is a city in Tennessee with an economic base that includes professional services, healthcare, retail trade, and manufacturing. The city has experienced substantial growth over the past 20 years, including expansion of its borders through annexation to include much-unincorporated land adjacent to the original town limits.
A thriving business community can be an indicator of a healthy economy for a region, and we hope to provide some insight into what makes our city tick.
Here are some of the companies and businesses operating in Mt. Juliet:
1) McCarthy Building Company: specializing in commercial construction, building design, and architecture services since 1984. This company is known for its work at the Nashville International Airport, Nissan North America Headquarters in Franklin, and many of Middle Tennessee's Healthcare facilities.
2) CarMax: the nation's leading retailer of used cars with over 165 locations throughout the U.S. Headquartered in Richmond, VA; this Fortune 500 company employs more than 25,000 people nationwide.
3) Zoetis: a global leader in the discovery, development, manufacture, and commercialization of animal health pharmaceuticals. Headquartered in New York City; Zoetis has over 33000 employees worldwide.
4) Southwest Airlines: the largest low-cost carrier in America with over 56 million passengers per year. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, this company employs about 46000 employees nationwide.
5) Bridgestone: one of the world's largest manufacturers of tires and rubber products with more than 100 facilities in nearly 30 countries. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan; Bridgestone has over 20000 employees working globally.
6) Power Home Remodeling Group: one of the major home improvement companies in the United States with more than 300 local offices throughout 15 states. Headquartered in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania; Power Home Remodeling Group has over 5000 employees nationwide.
7) Acadia Healthcare: a leading provider of behavioral healthcare services with about 200 locations throughout the U.S. Acadia Healthcare has nearly 5000 employees nationwide.
8) Santa Fe Cattle Co: a local steakhouse that offers not only steaks but other options such as salads and burgers using locally grown ingredients when possible. The company was founded in 2009 by the King Family with restaurants located in Mt. Juliet, Hermitage, and Gallatin.
9) HomeTrust Bank: the only bank headquartered in Wilson County with 13 branches throughout Middle Tennessee including one branch inside Mt. Juliet City Hall (the downtown location). The great staff at this local bank is happy to assist individuals with all of their banking needs; whether it's a savings account, checking account, or a personal loan.
10) Aqua Plumbing: a local company that specializes in all aspects of plumbing service including residential and commercial jobs. The Aqua team is trained to help customers with all their needs with expert advice from how to avoid problems with your current plumbing system to what can be done about a noisy toilet.
Mt. Juliet's business community is diverse with many industries represented including finance, healthcare, information technology, education, and more.
The diversity of industry helps to create a strong economy for Mt. Juliet which can lead to growth opportunities for its citizens either through employment or investment opportunities in their hometown.
Whether you are visiting our area on vacation or looking to relocate here permanently there are plenty of resources available that will help you get connected to this growing community!